JCD SELLS NATIVE GRASS AND WILDFLOWER SEED MIXES, DESIGNED FOR A VARIETY OF SOIL TYPES AND PLANT COMMUNITIES
Using native plants in your landscaping application can help with noxious weed management and provide forage for birds and beneficial insects.
Learn more about our seed mix and our seed sales program below, or by downloading our Native Seed Brochure.
Once you determine what type and amount of grass seed you need,
Native Grass Seed Mix
$10 per lb
This seed mix is more drought-tolerant than mixes containing non-native species, creating a natural look, and providing re-vegetation without putting other native plants at risk.
This mix is composed of eight native species, including:
- Western Wheatgrass (Pascopyrum smithii)
- Indian Ricegrass (Oryzopsis hymenoides)
- Thickspike Wheatgrass (Elytrigia dasystachya)
- Little Bluestem (Schizachyrium scoparium)
- Sheep Fescue (Festuca ovina)
- Switchgrass (Panicum virgatum)
- Rocky Mountain Fescue (Festuca saximontana)
- Canby Bluegrass (Poa secunda "Canbar")
Wildflower Seed Mix
$25 per half lb
This hand-selected wildflower seed mix can be planted on it's own or in combination with the Grass Seed mix.
This mix contains the following native species:
- Evening Primrose (Oenothera lamarckiana)
- Wild geranium (Geranium viscosissiumum)
- Basalt milkvetch (Astragalus filipes)
- Dotted gayfeather (Liatris punctata)
- Purple coneflower (Echinacea purpurea)
- Blanket flower (Gaillardia aristata)
- New England aster (Aster novae-angliae)
- Black-eyed susan (Rudbeckia hirta)
- Rocky Mountain penstemon (Penstemon strictus)
- Indian paintrush (Castilleja linariifolia)
- Lindley's blazingstar (Mentzelia lindleyi)